有鄰館の沿革と概要

京都・東山連峰にほど近く清らかな疎水に面し、乾隆年製の黄釉瓦36,000をのせ、中国古材の朱塗りの八角堂をいただく有鄰館は、大正15年(1926年)に、滋賀県五個荘出身の藤井善助翁によって設立されました。翁は近江商人の血をひき17歳で上海の後の東亞同文書院大学に学び、33歳では数十社の経営に当り、満34歳で衆議院議員となり、この時出会った犬養毅翁の薫陶が中国文化への認識を深めさせ、古印などの収集をはじめることとなりました。有鄰館という名前は、「徳は孤ならず必ず鄰有り」と中国との善隣と友好を願って「論語」より名付けられました。

「美術は一国文明の象徴にして文化の尺度たり。古来、東洋文物の世界に貢献するところ極めて深く、わが国文化の開発は、往昔中国に負うところ更に深し。しかるに近時、東洋文化の誇りとすべき宝器名品海外に流出し、欧米に去るを防がんと欲し、自ら微力を顧みずこれを蒐集す。しかるに美術の人心に及ぼす影響大なるを考え、蒐集家の深蔵を改め、公衆に公開して人心を美化し、美術の学術研究に資する。」という設立者の精神は今日まで脈々と流れ、大正15年以来の定日一般公開をつづけています。

殷代より清代に至る約4000年間に生み出された芸術性の高い中国文化の結晶である、青銅器、仏像彫刻、陶磁器、磚石、印璽、書蹟、絵画などは、私達との血のつながりを肌で感じさせます。 又、文字の発達、変遷を甲骨文や青銅器の銘文にはじまり、多くの資料を通じて学ぶことが出来るのも有鄰館の特徴であります。「精神的に豊かな社会づくり」はビジョンであり、人間性の維持と復活という永遠のテーマに対し、鑑賞者が何らかのヒントを見出していただけると共に、やすらぎのひとときを与えられる美術館でありたいと念じています。(有鄰館館長)
※第二館については「施設利用」をご覧下さい。


   Yurinkan Museum, which has a red-lacquered octangnal hall topped with yellow glazed roof tiles made in the Ch'ien-lung period, was established in 1926.
   The collection, which includes Buddha statues, bronze pieces, weight and capacity measures, jades, seals, books of impressions of seals, porcelains and ceramics, paintings, calligraphy, ancient documents, scroll of sutras, rubbing, lacquer works, mother-of-perl works, stationery, applied fine arts, cloisonne ware, clocks, clothes, tile inscriptions, end of roofing tiles and stone reliefs dateing from the Yin era to the Ch'ing era, was started by Zensuke Fujii who was born 1873 in Shiga prefecture.
   He was a member of the House of Representatives and a successful businessman. After studying in Shanghai, he developed a great love for Chinese arts, and wished to strengthen the links between Japan and China. The name of the museum, "Yurinkan", is taken from the Analects of confucius and expresses this feeling of good neighbourly relations. The annexe to Yurinkan museum is of Renaissance and Art nouveau style, in which exhibited are Japanese art works. This historic structure was relocated from Kanazawa to Kyoto in 1928, after building in 1887. (Yoshimi Fujii, counsillor and curator, Fujiisaiseikai)

1st and 3rd Sunday in every month(except January and August)
Admission fee 1,000 yen a person